Click Here to download the latest version of Ventrilo. Need a good headset? Click the image to the right.
Setting Up Vent
1. Contact Me, or find it in the Guild Info for the IP Address, Port Number and Password.
2. Once you’ve installed Vent, open it. Feel free to skip the tutorial
3. Click the Arrow to the right of User Name (far right), then click New. Enter in your desired Username, Click OK and leave other fields blank and click OK.
4. Click the Arrow to the right of Server (far right), then click New. Enter in the IP then click OK, then enter the IP in Hostname and the Password in the Password Block. Leave other settings default. Click OK.
5. Click the Setup Button and have your Vent setup as the figure below is setup.
To get the Hotkey set, simply click inside the Hotkey Box, press the L-CTRL key on your keyboard, then click OK.
6. (Optional) If you wish Ventrilo to be out of your way and in the system tray, click MISC tab and put a check in Minimize to Tray.
You’re done, you should be able to simply press the L-CTRL key to talk to everyone.
Ventrilo on Windows Vista
If you are using Windows Vista, you will likely need to replace your pesky UAC (User Account Control) with this handy free UAC replacement from Norton (this thing rocks!!)
OR… you can disable the User Account Control (UAC)
1. Go to Start | Control Panel | User Accounts
2. Next, click the “Turn user account control on or off” option. Click continue on the UAC box.
3. Now, uncheck the box next to “Use user account control (UAC) to help protect my computer” and click OK.
4. Restart your computer, and UAC is now disabled. To turn it back on, just do the same, but check the “Use user account control (UAC) to help protect my computer” box and click OK.